First time here? Checkout the FAQ!
0 votes
by (300 points)
For some reason, I get the following error when applying a stimulus to a whole-heart mesh. Would anyone have any ideas on why this might be occurring? I tried looking through the .pts and .elem files for any non-ASCII characters but I couldn't find any.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/carputils/", line 116, in call
    for line in iter(proc.stdout.readline, ''):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/", line 322, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xeb in position 6: invalid continuation byte

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (13.1k points)
Could it be that you saved your stimulus text file with latin1 encoding instead of utf8?

If this is not the problem, please share a minimum example to reproduce. Otherwise it will be hard to provide help.
by (300 points)
edited ago by
Ahh i think the error was in the mesh itself. I deleted the carp_txt mesh and then reconverted it from the vtk  and it worked just fine!

edit: There may have been something deeper, it periodically was working and then stopped however I think I figured out the root cause- When the radius is large enough (>200) the simulation starts working perfectly fine.
Welcome to openCARP Q&A. Ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community. For best support, please use appropriate TAGS!
architecture, carputils, documentation, experiments, installation-containers-packages, limpet, slimfem, website, governance